Easy Surf Trips Blog
A look at some of its best surfing destinations: Costa Rica is famous for its palm trees, cities, jungles and cuisine. More recently, Costa Rica has risen onto the world stage in another form: surfing. It’s only in
the last fifteen years that surfers from the UK, US and Australia have woken up to the unique opportunities available on a surf holiday in Costa Rica.
It is hard to believe, and we are not quite sure whether to believe it either, but Garrett McNamara has just surfed the biggest wave ever (90ft +) just off the coast of Portugal. We thought that we had something special lined up for this year and have dedicated a lot of time to covering this story, but we never thought it could get this big!Read More
Garrett McNamara and Floridian CJ Macias were in the right spot to take full advantage of what Nazaré had to offer. 3 days of pumping swell and some monster waves have led us to post about what we have seen off the coast of Portugal. Do not be surprised, this is one of many posts to come this season as we highlight one of the biggest, most dangerous spots Europe has to offer.Read More
The competition that all of Europe has been waiting for is finally ramping up and yes we have a hurricane to look forward to. It is going to be heavy! Photo by Marie-Claire Ferrer.Read More
We have finally got round to writing up our last little surf trip to Portugal. Read no further if you don’t want to hear about great waves, great food and great people!Read More
With hurricane swells hitting in time for the ASP comp, we had a little look at how far some surfers will go just to get in the water…... that is right, these guys are pegging it from the cops!Read More
UPDATE: ASP suspends Bobby from competing in the rest of the Quik Pro NYC
Well, it’s no news that Bobby Martinez isn’t the ASP’s biggest friend but it is news when he loosens his tongue on Quiksilver’s live webcast. Listen to Bobby’s outburst, then watch the live webcast from Round 2 in New York City.Read More
So this is not so much of a news story as just showing you that you don’t need monster waves to be shredding the surf. It surely can’t be long before he is breaking into the top 30, one session is enough for him to get a full video of footage!
Photo taken from ASP website.Read More
Yea, I know we’ve been completely filling up this blog with Chopes stuff, but how can you blame us? Up to now, the world tour has been such a laughable collection of shit waves and no shows that we pretty much have to focus on the madness at Chopes over the past few days. The Hobgoods, Fanning, & Taj are out, Jordy’s hurt, Jeremy Flores gets a perfect 20, and this was only day 9. Check out the highlights after the jump.Read More
Highlights and lowlights from one of the biggest Teahupoo sessions in recent memory.Read More
- EST Team Trip To Lagos Surf Camp
- Hurricanes, Police and Epic Air
- Bobby’s NYC Outburst
- Kolohe Andino Shredding Lower Trestles
- Teahupoo Day 9 Hightlights / Finals live now!
- Code Red Tow Sessions Teahupoo
- Live Webcast - Big gnarly chopes!
- Wednesday Wipeout all the way from Teahupoo
- sunday Surf Tips with Easy Surf Trips - Cutbacks with the master Taylor Knox
- EST’s Track for your weekend
- Wipeout Wednesday
- Tuesdays - EST’s weekly blog trawl
- Monday Surf Movie with EST!
- Sunday Surf Tips with Easy Surf Trips - Backside Snap
- Beat this Thursday from EST HQ
- Tuesday - EST look at surf art from around the world
- Monday Surf Movie with EST!
- Sunday Surf Tips with Easy Surf Trips - basic cutbacks
- Well worth a look!!!
- EST pick of music for the weekend
- Indo calling - the Bali chronicles coming soon
- Monday Surf Movie with EST
- Last few remaining places in Bali this summer!!
- Super Summer Surf - Portugal
- Perfect winter break - Morocco
- Sunday Surf Tips with Easy Surf Trips - more powerful turns with your surf coach.com
- Some of our favourite surf inspired art
- Our Tune of the week to kick your weekend off!!
- Brand Spanking New EST Magazine - FREE!!
- Fergal SMITH - TEAHUPOO - The June sessions
- Billabong Girls Surf Trip Costa Rica 23-29 July